In this guide, we will see how you can keep your browser secure & also the tools that will help you to protect your browser privacy. Everyone needs to make sure they follow these steps because, with its help, their browser privacy and performance increase significantly.
There are a lot of settings we should know about before knowing how to use these.
Key factors for Browser Privacy
- Cookies: Cookies are like small files stored in our browser for identifying login ids, passwords, web browsing history & all. We should always try to clear the cookies because sometimes these cookies can cause unwanted malware in our system, and there is a chance of our data being leaked online through SQL injection.
- Extensions: There are a lot of different chrome extensions for performing various tasks, and we should only authenticate extensions that are verified professionally & also use the proper authentication method for accessing them.
- Shields: It would be best if you disabled tracking as mostly now-a-days most browsers have advanced shields, which you will use to make it more simplified depending on the enhancement.
- VPN: Use a good VPN always, as it will encrypt the traffic in all forms and make it difficult for anyone to track your online activity.
- Updates: Keep your browser updated regularly, as it will protect you from security vulnerabilities.
- Location: Disable your location, as it will help you show fewer localised ads depending upon your daily activity.
- SSL: Make sure you visit every website with an SSL by default, as it will make you more secure. Do not visit any website which is running on the HTTP version.
- Private Browsers: Using a browser that prioritises browser privacy, such as Brave, Firefox, Tor, or DuckDuckGo, can help to protect your personal information by blocking trackers and cookies by default.
- Password: Try to use a password manager like bitwarden or dashlane, as it will help you to create a strong and unique password and store your passwords encrypted.
- Two-factor authentication: This will help you firm a secure layer for your accounts, allowing you to access them quickly using a one-time passcode.
- Anti-virus: Use antimalware software as it will help you protect from malicious software.
Browser Privacy: Extra Tips
- If enable aggressive mode on the shield tab, which disabled all your ads.
- Add only a few auto-fill passwords & addresses. Try to use it as low as possible.
- Enable web discovery project as it will help you visit search engines from other providers.
- Disable the diagnostic report option in your browser, as it will stop sending your report to search engine companies
Other tools will help you to protect your browser privacy. Some are listed below as:
- Privacy Badger: A browser extension that blocks third-party trackers and cookies and can be configured to block specific trackers and cookies.
- Tor: A browser that routes your internet traffic through multiple layers of encryption to protect your browser privacy.
- Privacy Pass: A browser extension that allows you to authenticate to websites without exposing your personal information.
- NordVPN: A VPN service that encrypts your internet traffic and protects your online browser privacy.
- Blur: A browser extension that masks your email address, phone number, and credit card number to protect your personal information online.
- Web of Trust (WOT): A browser extension that uses a community of users to rate the trustworthiness of websites and warn you of potential security threats.
- HTTPS Everywhere: An extension that encrypts your website connections, protecting you from eavesdropping and tampering.
- Norton Safe Web: A browser extension that warns you of potential security threats on websites, including phishing attempts and malware.
Simple & low-cost VPN aimed at beginners
- Good levels of security and privacy
- Very affordable subscription plans
- No WebRTC, IP and DNS address leaks
- Free proxy browser extension and 7-day free trial
- 4,800 servers in 81 countries
Available on :
In conclusion, there can be a lot of different ways where we have to take preventive measures for our security because no one is safe nowadays. However, it is essential to remember that no single solution can completely protect your browser privacy while browsing the internet. Therefore, it is crucial to stay informed, be vigilant, and use a combination of tools and best practices to safeguard your personal information.